Edgegallery networking Module Calico replacement

Kumar Prasad, Vikash

Dear Team,

I got to learn that Edgegallery uses calico networking model, if I want to use some other networking model

such as Flannel, coil etc… so is there any provision like I can remove Calico module and use other modules?

or is it something like Edgegallery is highly dependent on Calico networking module only?

Thanks in advance!!!

Vikash kumar prasad

Gaoweitao(Victor)

We don’t depend on any CNI, you can use whatever you want.

Cause we use calico by default…

we are using Multus to support multi-cni…

you can investigate this repo, to support the multi cni access by using domain name: https://gitee.com/edgegallery/plugins/tree/master/edgegallery-secondary-ep-controller   .

高维涛 Victor Gao

M:+86-15809299822

E: victor.gao@...

ICT产品与解决方案 云化网络 OSDT

Products & Solutions Cloudify Network OSDT

I got to learn that Edgegallery uses calico networking model, if I want to use some other networking model

such as Flannel, coil etc… so is there any provision like I can remove Calico module and use other modules?

or is it something like Edgegallery is highly dependent on Calico networking module only?

Thanks in advance!!!

Vikash kumar prasad

Kumar Prasad, Vikash

Dear Victor,

Thanks for your reply. Multus is what I was looking for, it would be great help if you could help me for installing Multus in place of Calico.

Have you written steps for removing the Calico and installing Multus in place of Calico?

Could you please provide these steps, I will appreciate for your help.

Thanks

Vikash kumar prasad

I got to learn that Edgegallery uses calico networking model, if I want to use some other networking model

such as Flannel, coil etc… so is there any provision like I can remove Calico module and use other modules?

or is it something like Edgegallery is highly dependent on Calico networking module only?

Thanks in advance!!!

Vikash kumar prasad

Kumar Prasad, Vikash

Dear Victor,

I thought this mail was lost in your mailbox yesterday so this is a reminder mail.

If you have documented the steps for removing Calico and installing the Multus CNI, requesting

You to please provide the steps, it will be a great help for us.

Thanks

Vikash kumar prasad

I got to learn that Edgegallery uses calico networking model, if I want to use some other networking model

such as Flannel, coil etc… so is there any provision like I can remove Calico module and use other modules?

or is it something like Edgegallery is highly dependent on Calico networking module only?

Thanks in advance!!!

Vikash kumar prasad

Kanagaraj Manickam

Hi Vikash,

We have provided an kubernetes deployment with calico as default CNI as part of edgegallery deployment.

And I see in your case  wanted to use different CNI, which is very specific to kuberentes, may I suggest you to check with kubernetes document ?

Btw, could you pls share us why do you want to use different CNI in place of default one? Not sure if you are facing any issue.

Regards

Kanag

I got to learn that Edgegallery uses calico networking model, if I want to use some other networking model

such as Flannel, coil etc… so is there any provision like I can remove Calico module and use other modules?

or is it something like Edgegallery is highly dependent on Calico networking module only?

Thanks in advance!!!

Vikash kumar prasad

Kumar Prasad, Vikash

Dear Kagan,

Thanks for your suggestion to refer to Kubernetes document, this was a great help.

I have a specific use case scenario to test with Multus CNI so I wanted to use Multus CNI like support for MacVlan, DPDK for our App.

Thanks

Vikash kumar prasad