Not able to modify ipv4.ip_local_port_range of my nginx container running as a service on edgegallery

Kanagaraj Manickam

Hi Vikash,

I am assuming that you are using the attached yaml as part of app deployment in eg and you are trying to configure the security context for this app.

Here you are using the safe sysctls and it would work by default as they got enabled by k8s.

Let me know what is the issue, you have faced here in edgegallery when you use this yaml.

Regards

Kanag

From: main@edgegallery.groups.io [mailto:main@edgegallery.groups.io] On Behalf Of Kumar Prasad, Vikash
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2022 1:29 PM
To: main@edgegallery.groups.io
Subject: [EdgeGallery] Not able to modify ipv4.ip_local_port_range of my nginx container running as a service on edgegallery

Dear Team,

I am trying to run this nginxDemo.yaml file on EdgeGallery version 3, I want the below changes

- name: ipv4.ip_local_port_range

value: ‘1024 65535'

so that I could see /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range of my container to be changed from default to ‘1024 65535'

Thanks

Vikash kumar prasad

Kumar Prasad, Vikash

Dear Team,

I am sending this mail once again in case you missed this mail yesterday.

I am waiting for your suggestion, how I can resolve this issue!!

Thanks

Vikash kumar prasad

Sent: Monday, January 17, 2022 1:29 PM
To: main@edgegallery.groups.io
Subject: Not able to modify ipv4.ip_local_port_range of my nginx container running as a service on edgegallery

Dear Team,

I am trying to run this nginxDemo.yaml file on EdgeGallery version 3, I want the below changes

so that I could see /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range of my container to be changed from default to ‘1024 65535'

Thanks

Vikash kumar prasad

Kumar Prasad, Vikash

Dear Team,

Thanks

Vikash kumar prasad